Workshop Selection Process
Once the Workshop Submission process closes on November 8, the submissions will be compiled and sent to the review committee. The Review Committee is composed of the Education Coordinators (Julie Spanks & Lenny), the Board President of the IMsL Foundation (Pat Baillie), the Executive Producer of IMsL Productions (Sharrin Spector), Education Foundation Board Members (Tony) and the People of Color, Under 35, Trans Women and Accessibility (TBD) Liaisons. They will review the following parts of your workshop application:
● Type of workshop
● Learning Objectives
● Presenter/s Scene Name & Bio
● Demographic data
The review committee will have approximately one week to review, score and comment on each workshop. These will be the criteria they will use to score the workshop from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest) on each criterium.
● From the description provided, do you think that this workshop topic would be of interest to attendees? Is it clear what it's about?
● Is the workshop topic original and/or unique?
● Do you have a good sense of what participants will learn in the workshop?
● Is there a clear outline for the workshop?
● From their bio/s, do the presenter/s seem knowledgeable on the topic?
● Do you feel that the presenter/s would be good instructors?
● Does this workshop reflect an outreach to underrepresented communities (People of Color, Under 35, Trans Women, Accessibility)?
● Would this workshop make a significant contribution to the event?
● Open comments section
Once the individual review is complete, the committee will meet in November and discuss the scoring and ranking on each workshop to come up with a final list for the IMsL/IMsBB Weekend.