Thank you for your interest in volunteering for the 2018 IMsLBB event! We are excited to have you join us, and appreciate your help in making the event run smoothly (and with a lot of fun) each year! All the FAQ stuff is below, so please take a minute to review our changes and other info before you slide on over to out volunteer signup page at …..
*Please note, schedules for some areas are likely to shift as the full event schedule is finalized.
Discounts for volunteering:
4 hours- 25% off
8-11.5 hours- 50% off
12-15.5 hours- 75% off AND an event pin! (If registered before 2/25)
16+ hours- 100% off AND an event bag! (If registered before 3/25)
* discount is based on the current basic registration package price, does not apply to the first 50 or day passes, and does not include the teeny tiny processing fee.
Sounds great, what do I need to know?
· Click the link above that will take you to the electronic volunteer system.
· Enter all the info requested by the form.
· Read the volunteer position descriptions to make sure you are up for the tasks involved. We value you and your wellness. Please sign up for shifts you feel capable of doing.
- Also, sign up for the shifts you feel excited about showing up for! If you’re more of a night owl, we’re excited about seeing you on a late night security or dungeon monitor shift rather than trying to pour coffee into you for an early morning check-in shift.
· Pick your shifts for the number of hours you want to work. We recommend you pick the same area each time, since by Sunday no one has much of a brain left for learning new things!
· Wait for a response email to get your discount code to register. We'll be responding Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturdays. As we reach price increases and toward the end of registration we'll be on more often.
What if I need to change my shifts?
· We totally get that once class and event schedules are released you might want to shift your schedule. Just click on the link sent you in the confirmation email at any time before registration closes to remove your shifts and pick new ones!
· After registration closes, email us at email@example.com or stop by the volunteer table to look at options for changing shifts.
Now for the serious parts-
· Anyone not registered one full week out from the event will be dropped from the volunteer list and have to pay full price for entry. Don't worry, we'll remind you to register many many times in the last month before the event.
· Failing to report to your assigned shifts will either need to make up the shift or will be charged the rate difference at the highest price. Your commitment to volunteer is valuable and important. IMsLBB is dependent on it’s volunteers for it’s success and we will do everything we can to help you be successful as a volunteer. When a volunteer doesn’t show up to an assigned shift, it makes things a lot more difficult for a lot of folks.
All rules of conduct apply to all volunteers- basically, don't be a jerk and have fun!
As we get closer to the event you may here from us about schedule changes. We'll do our best not to move too many people around, but sometimes the event schedule shifts or we find we have a hole we need to fill.
Thanks so much and we look forward to working with you!